Heartgard Plus - Heartworm Chewables For Dogs Online
What is Heartgard Plus?
Heartgard Plus is a monthly beef-flavored chewable used for preventing heartworm in dogs. It also helps control roundworms and hookworms. Heartgard Plus is the #1 choice of vets and pets. It is the top heartworm disease preventative treatment as it eliminates all stages of heartworm. Its tasty flavor makes the dosing easy and its effectiveness is preferred by all pet parents. This monthly treatment has anti-parasitic and anthelmintic properties that work against mixed parasitic infections. Heartgard doesn’t just prevent heartworm disease for dogs 6 weeks of age and older; it also prevents roundworm and hookworm infections.
How does Heartgard Plus work?
Heartgard Plus contains two active compounds, Ivermectin and Pyrantel. These compounds combined act as strong anti-parasitic. They assist in killing worm larvae by causing muscle paralysis in worms, thus preventing the spread of heartworm disease. These active chemicals control the way nerve impulses flow through the neurological system of the worm, which results in the paralysis of worms and then death.
It should be noted that Heartgard Plus is only effective as a preventative for heartworm infection. You must first diagnose your dog for heartworm infection before administering any heartworm prevention product. If your dog has already been infected with heartworm, you should consult your veterinarian.
Nuheart - Generic Heartgard Plus
Nuheart is a generic version of heartgard. It is an effective heartworm preventive with the same ingredient as heartgard. Nuheart has Ivermectin that destroys immature form of heartworms and controls heartworm disease in dogs. It is a highly palatable tablet which is easily soluble in water and can be mixed with food to administer it to dogs. The meat flavored tablet is to be given on monthly basis to prevent heartworm infection. The easy to dose tablet is suitable for dogs and puppies from 6 weeks of age.
- Monthly dose
- Heartworm prevention
- Controls roundworms and hookworms
- Real beef chewable - dogs love them. Works like a treat!
- Given once a month for life, HEARTGARD Plus is the easiest way to help protect your pet from deadly heartworm disease. HEARTGARD Plus also treats and controls hookworms and roundworms.
How to Use
- Ask your veterinarian to carry out a thorough examination of your pet to check whether he has a prevailing heartworm infection.
- If the results are negative, commence the treatment
- The very first step is to weigh your pet
- According to the weight of your pet select the right pack of tablets
- For thorough information on the dosage refer the dosage tablet
- Mix the chewable along with the food of the dog
- The dog needs to finish the meal completely for the entire dosage of tablet to be effective
- You can administer this tablet to dogs and puppies that are 6 weeks of age and older
- If you miss a particular dose, give complete dose by starting again
- If you have not provided this tablet for more than 2 months to your pet, contact your veterinarian and take recommendation from them
Weight of the dog
Dosage per month
Up To 11Kg
1 chewable from Blue box
12 To 22 Kg
1 chewable from Green box
23 To 45 Kg
1 chewable from Brown box
Over 45 Kg
Give combination of tablets based on weight
- You need to thoroughly examine your pet for prevailing heartworm disease before initiating the treatment
- Do not administer this treatment on puppies younger than 6 weeks of age
- Ingesting the complete tablet is not suggested
- Need to give these tablets on a monthly basis. Follow the dates strictly
- There are no visible side effects of the tablet but many hypersensitive pets have seen cases of tremors, diluted pupil, weight loss and death particularly when it is a case of overdose
- Some adverse reactions have been found in herding dog breeds like border collies so always take recommendation from vet before administering this tablet to this particular breed
- Store it at room temperature
- Wash hands after administering the chewable to your pet
- Human ingestion is not recommended. It may prove poisonous
- Do not administer to pets with existing heartworm infection
Collies including border collies and other breeds are sensitive to Ivermectin. Please consult your vet before giving this treatment or look for alternatives to Ivermectin for the treatment of parasites.
Heartgard Plus Chewables Ingredients
Heartgard Plus Ingredients:
Ivermectin and Pyrantel