Heartgard Plus Blue Pack - Heartworm Chewable for Small Dogs 11kg (up to 25 lbs)
Heartgard Plus for small dogs (up to 25 lbs) is a highly palatable tablet that prevents heartworm infection in dogs. This beef-flavored chew works to eliminate heartworm larvae and remains effective for a month; which is why it is the #1 choice of all vets. Additionally, Heartgard Plus blue pack also helps to control roundworms and hookworms and is safe to use for puppies older than 6 weeks of age.
Heartgard Plus Chewable (up to 25 Pound) is given orally for prevention of heartworm infection. It is effective against larval stage of the worms and thus prevents development of the adult stage. The recommended doses should be administered for an effective course of treatment each month. Heartgard Plus contains a powerful combination of active ingredients; Ivermectin and pyrantel that works as a strong multi-parasitic treatment and eliminate all the immature heartworm larvae including intestinal roundworms and hookworms.
Heartgard Plus (Ivermectin and Pyrantel) Heartworm Treatment for Small Dogs
Heartgard Plus contains two active ingredients, Ivermectin (68 mcg) and Pyrantel (57 mg). Ivermectin is anti-parasitic, which treats multiple parasite infections and pyrantel is a strong anthelmintic. Together these compounds control the nerve impulses that flow through the neurological system of the worm, thus causing paralysis. The paralysis causes the death of the worms which are then removed from the body.
- Monthly dose
- Heartworm prevention
- Controls roundworms and hookworms
- Real beef chewable - dogs love them. Works like a treat!
- Given once a month for life, HEARTGARD Plus is the easiest way to help protect your pet from deadly heartworm disease. HEARTGARD Plus also treats and controls hookworms and roundworms.
How to Use
- Ask your veterinarian to carry out a thorough examination of your pet to check whether he has a prevailing heartworm infection.
- If the results are negative, commence the treatment
- The very first step is to weigh your pet
- According to the weight of your pet select the right pack of tablets
- For thorough information on the dosage refer the dosage tablet
- Mix the chewable along with the food of the dog
- The dog needs to finish the meal completely for the entire dosage of tablet to be effective
- You can administer this tablet to dogs and puppies that are 6 weeks of age and older
- If you miss a particular dose, give complete dose by starting again
- If you have not provided this tablet for more than 2 months to your pet, contact your veterinarian and take recommendation from them
Weight of the dog
Dosage per month
Up To 11Kg
1 chewable from Blue box
12 To 22 Kg
1 chewable from Green box
23 To 45 Kg
1 chewable from Brown box
Over 45 Kg
Give combination of tablets based on weight
- You need to thoroughly examine your pet for prevailing heartworm disease before initiating the treatment
- Do not administer this treatment on puppies younger than 6 weeks of age
- Ingesting the complete tablet is not suggested
- Need to give these tablets on a monthly basis. Follow the dates strictly
- There are no visible side effects of the tablet but many hypersensitive pets have seen cases of tremors, diluted pupil, weight loss and death particularly when it is a case of overdose
- Some adverse reactions have been found in herding dog breeds like border collies so always take recommendation from vet before administering this tablet to this particular breed
- Store it at room temperature
- Wash hands after administering the chewable to your pet
- Human ingestion is not recommended. It may prove poisonous
- Do not administer to pets with existing heartworm infection
Collies including border collies and other breeds are sensitive to Ivermectin. Please consult your vet before giving this treatment or look for alternatives to Ivermectin for the treatment of parasites.
Heartgard Plus Chewables Ingredients
Heartgard Plus Ingredients:
Ivermectin and Pyrantel