Milbemax Allwormer Tablets for Cats
What is Milbemax Allwormer?
Milbemax Allwormer is an effective tablet that assists in controlling gastrointestinal worms in cats encompassing roundworms, tapeworms, and hookworms. It can also assist in preventing heartworm disease in cats if administered on a monthly basis. It kills juvenile and mature stages of intestinal worms thus protecting your kitty from different types of diseases. These easy to administer oral tablets come in beef flavour which is loved by all types of cats.
How it works?
Milbemycin oxime and praziquantel are the two active ingredients present in these tablets. Milbemycin oxime interrupts the nerve transmissions in invertebrates and eliminates heartworm larvae, hookworm and roundworm. Praziquantel causes muscle spasm in tapeworms by disintegrating and killing them. When both these ingredients are combined together it results in controlling intestinal worms and preventing heartworm disease in cats.
Please note that due to Elanco’s acquisition of Novartis Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
- Very easy to administer oral treatment
- Eliminates the chances of your feline to get severe intestinal disorders and secondary diseases
- Can be administered to all breeds of kittens, small cats and large cats
- Kills intestinal worms and prevents heartworm
- Beef flavoured tablets loved by all types of cats
How to Use
These tablets are currently available in two formulations:
Milbemax for small cats (weighing between 0.5 and 2 kg)
Milbemax for cats (weighing between 2 and 8 kg)
The minimum dose that is recommended to be given to felines is 2 mg milbemycin oxime and 5 mg praziquantel per kg of body weight.
- For a cat weighing 0.5 to 1 kg give ½ tablet Milbemax for small cats
- For a cat weighing more than 1 kg to 2 kg give 1 tablet Milbemax for small cats
- For a cat weighing more than 2 kg to 4 kg give ½ tablet Milbemax for cats
- For a cat weighing more than 4 to 8 kg give 1 tablet Milbemax for cats
- For a cat weighing more than 8 kg give combination of tablets consistent with the recommended minimal dose
- If you want to treat intestinal worms then give precise dose of Milbemax for small cats at 6, 8 and 12 weeks of age. After this repeat the treatment every 3 months
- For cats weighing more than 2 kg give Milbemax for cats at an interval of 3 months. Treat nursing queens at the same time as their kittens.
- If you want to prevent heartworm infection in your feline, get your kitty tested for prevailing heartworm infection. If the test is negative administer a single tablet on a monthly basis preferably on the same date. If you miss any dose treat immediately and resume the monthly dosage
Note: These tablets are extremely safe to be given to breeding, pregnant and lactating queens. Even if your feline is going through any of the reproductive stages you can give this oral treatment to her.
- This product is strictly for cats only
- If your kitten is younger than 6 weeks of age and weighs less than 0.5 kg then do not administer this treatment to her
- Test for prevailing heartworm infection before commencing heartworm treatment
- After administering the tablet wash your hands properly with soap and water
- Throw the pack away after using it
- Chances are that if your cat is sensitive then she may suffer from side effects of the treatment. If you see any abnormal changes in your kitty after administering the tablet rush to your veterinarian immediately
If your kitten is younger than 6 weeks of age and weighing less than 0.5 kg do not administer this treatment to her
- Use this product on a monthly basis to prevent heartworm infection
- Use this product throughout the year
- Before using this product take advice of your veterinarian for heartworm testing if your pet is elder than 8 weeks of age while commencing the treatment or if one of the doses has been missed or is late by more than a week
Milbemax Allwormer Tablets Ingredients
Milbemycin oxime, Praziquantel