What is Paragard?
Paragard is a broad spectrum wormer which is effective in the treatment and control of intestinal worms in dogs. It is effective on roundworms (Toxocara spp, Toxascaris leonina), hookworms (Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma spp), whipworms (Trichuris vulpis), and adult tapeworms including Hydatid (Echinococcus granulosis, Taenia spp, Dipylidium caninum, Spirometra erinacei). It is safe to combine it with other treatments like flea and tick treatments, vaccination, and heartworm prevention. Paragard is safe to use on puppies at least two weeks of age and on all breeds of dogs. It is also safe on pregnant or lactating bitches, grey hounds, working dogs and senior dogs.
How It Works?
Paragard consists of three main ingredients namely:
Praziquantel is an anthelmintic which is helpful in treating tapeworms and flukes. Pyrantel is an antienematodal thiophene which treats and prevents the occurrence of intestinal worms in dogs. Oxantel is an anthelmintic which is used as a standard treatment for intestinal worms. When these three ingredients are merged together all the gastrointestinal worms residing in the dog gets killed.
- Effective broad-spectrum wormer that treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and adult tapeworms (including Hydatid). Does not control heartworm
- Easy to administer orally - either directly into your pet's mouth or crushed and mixed with pet food
- Safe to be used on puppies at least two (2) weeks old, on pregnant or lactating bitches, on working dogs, grey hounds and old dogs.
- Can be safely used alongside other treatments, such as flea and tick treatments, heartworm, prevention, and vaccination
How to Use
- The very first step is to weigh your pet
- Administer the tablet according to the appropriate sized tablet or combination of tablets
- Administer the tablet directly into the mouth of the pet
- Make sure that all the food is eaten by your for effectiveness of the treatment
- Fasting prior to dosing is not necessary
Recommended Worm Control Programme:
- It is suggested to worm puppies every 2 weeks of age from 2 weeks old until they become 12 weeks of age
- From 3 months to 6 months they need to be administered with this dewormer on a monthly basis
- For adult dogs this treatment needs to be given every 3 months
- Treat breeding bitches prior to mating then 10 days before whelping and 2 and 4 weeks after whelping
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Canex can be safely used in puppies from 2 weeks of age
- This treatment is specifically for dogs
- Wash hands after administering the tablets
- Keep it in a cool and dry place
- If your pet is sensitive to any of the ingredients of Paragard do not administer the treatment to them
- It is not meant for human use. If any human ingests the tablets rush to the nearest poison control center immediately.
- Strictly follow the instructions to the “t” given on the label including administration, expiry and usage
Do not administer this deworming treatment in puppies younger than 2 weeks of age
Paragard Broad Spectrum Wormer Ingredients
Praziquantel, Oxantel Embonate and Pyrantel Embonate