Frontline Original Flea Prevention For Dogs
What is Frontline Original?
Frontline Original is a scientifically proven formula for the prevention and treatment of fleas and ticks on dogs. The monthly spot-on eliminates 98% of adult fleas within 12 – 24 hours of application. It treats various ticks including brown dog ticks and paralysis ticks. This topical treatment treats biting lice and controls sarcoptic mange in dogs. Destroying flea eggs, larvae, and pupae, the monthly treatment breaks the flea life cycle and prevents flea re-infestation. The waterproof treatment works even when your dog gets wet and lasts for one month.
It is suitable to use on dogs and puppies from 8 weeks of age and above.
How It Works?
Frontline Original contains Fipronil. The active ingredient fipronil is an adulticide that migrates throughout the oil layer of the dog skin. When fleas/ticks try to feed, the ingredient gets into the parasite and attacks the nervous system eventually destroying them. The effect of Frontline Original stays for four weeks in protecting your dog from fleas and ticks.
Please note that due to Boehringer Ingelheim’s acquisition of Merial Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
- Kills fleas and ticks for one month
- Treats and prevents flea infestation
- Controls brown dog ticks for one month
- Prevents paralysis ticks for up to 2 weeks
- Aids in the control of sarcoptic mange in dogs
- Breaks flea life cycle by preventing the development of flea eggs, larvae and pupae
- Destroys newly acquired fleas and prevents re-infestation
- Controls biting lice on dogs
- Prevents flea allergy dermatitis
How to Use
- Remove a pipette from the foil backed holder.
- Hold the pipette by the edges with the label facing toward you. Break off the tip of the pipette at the pre-cut line.
- Choose the area where licking cannot occur e.g. on the back of the neck.
- Part the coat so the contents can be applied directly to the skin when the pipette is squeezed.
- Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze several times to empty its contents directly onto the dog skin.
- Repeat treatment every month.
For further information on complete directions and warnings, please read the product label.
- Dogs up to 10 kg. - 0.67 mL pipette.
- 10 to 20 kg. - 1.34 mL pipette.
- 20 to 40 kg. - 2.68 mL pipette.
- 40 to 60 kg. - 4.02 mL pipette.
- Dogs over 60 kg. Pipettes of different volumes may be combined to provide a suitable dose.
- For external use only.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep away from direct flame and heat.
- Do not use on canines sensitive to alcohol or insecticides.
- In rare cases, cats may experience temporary irritation or itchiness at the site of application.
- Consult a vet before using it on medicated, debilitated or aged animals.
Frontline Original Ingredients