Parasites are the perpetual nightmares of our pets’ lives. They cause innumerable health problems, some of which are serious and fatal whereas others that just pester the pet continuously and deteriorate the quality of their lives. The degree or intensity of the infection or infestation depends completely on the type of parasite that attacks the pet’s body and the way their immune system reacts towards the illness. In fact, a few of the parasites are zoonotic and can get transferred to humans. Therefore, it is mandatory to treat your pet of such menaces using a revolutionary treatment, Revolution, to keep yourself as well as your pet healthy life long.
Well, Medical advancement has lead to the development of treatments that can now protect the pets from multiple parasites with one dose. Revolution is one amongst the lot. It is frequently used by consumers and is known for its efficacy against 5 different parasites in pets. If you are looking for one such product that can solve most of your pet parasitic issues, then try Revolution. It is one of the most popular flea treatments that has been trusted for its efficacy and touted as a safe remedy to treat your dog. Here is an overview of this top-selling product that will help you know the product in and out.
What Is Revolution?
- Monthly, topical treatment for fleas, American dog ticks, ear mites, sarcoptic mange, 2 types of intestinal worms and heartworms.
- Revolution kills adult fleas and prevents the hatching of flea eggs which causes disruption of the lifecycle.
- In addition to that, it is also an effective treatment against hookworms and roundworms too.
- Revolution is water-resistant and as a result, its efficacy remains intact for complete 1 month.
What Is The Active Ingredient In Revolution?
- Selamectin – a topical parasiticide and anthelminthic
How does Selamectin work on Parasites?
Who is the manufacturer of Revolution?
Is Revolution Safe?
- Revolution for dogs is safe for use in pups above 6 weeks of age.
- For cats, it is safe to use in kitties above 8 weeks of age.
- Revolution can be safely used in pregnant and lactating pets.
How To Administer Revolution?
- Select the pack according to the body weight of your dog.
- Part the fur of the pet at the shoulder blades to expose the visible skin.
- Hold the pipette upright and put the tip on of the tube on the exposed skin.
- Now empty the entire content of the tube.
How Long Should I Wait After The Treatment To Bathe My Pet?
- It takes around 2 hours for the solution to dry completely. As a result, you can bathe your pet anytime after that.
What To Do If The Dose Is Missed?
- Resume the dose and administer the treatment on the same date of every month in the same way.
What are the Potential Side Effects Of Revolution?
(In rare cases)
- Hair Loss on the application spot.
- Loss of Appetite
For instance, dogs and cats that are sick, hypersensitive or are allergic to Selamectin can experience tremors and palpitation as well. In such cases, refrain from using Revolution.
- Do not apply to broken skin.
- Also not to apply Revolution on a wet coat.
- Do not massage the product on the skin.
- Do not overdose your pet.
- Read the label meticulously.
- Do not skip the treatment.
Benefits of Using All-in-One Revolutionary Treatment
- In conclusion, the continuous use of Revolution for the entire year ensures the removal of all the fleas or their eggs as well as larvae before they can multiply.
- Ticks never re-infest the pet.
- Your cat and dogs will be safe from fatal heartworm disease.
- You don’t need separate treatment for worms. Revolution helps get rid of using two to three products to safeguard the pets.
Revolution’s 5 in 1 action combats the most common parasitic infestations in pets.