For pet parents, cats are much more than a pet. They are treated as a member of the family and therefore, it is vital to be punctilious about the well-being of your pet. The internal and external parasites are ever ready to haunt your pet. Cats generally get infected by the common parasites but they can affect your cat in many ways, starting from just a simple irritation to causing fatal disease if left untreated. As a pet parent, you might already be aware of these common parasites in cats and ways to treat them.
Moreover, it can be a conundrum task to purchase different products in order to treat and prevent internal and external parasites. It can be overwhelming for pet parents to choose the right product for their pets from the range of products available in the market. But, are you aware of preventives that treat both internal & external parasites, all in 1 go? Choose the broad spectrum flea treatment, Broadline spot-on that’s tough on fleas, ticks, and worms, not on cats.
Let’s know more about the Broadline spot-on solution that helps to protect your cat from fleas, ticks, and worms as well.
What Is Broadline Spot-On Solution For Cats?
Broadline Spot-On from Boehringer Ingelheim is an all-in-one treatment that provides protection to your cats from internal and external parasites including fleas, ticks, biting lice, tapeworms, and heartworms. The topical solution is highly useful in controlling mixed infestation by cestodes, nematodes, and ectoparasites. It controls flea eggs from hatching and also controls tick infestation. Broadline Spot-On kills fleas within 24 hours of application and ticks within 48 hours. Moreover the spot –on not only kills fleas and ticks but also prevents further infestation. The clinically proven treatment not only kills adult fleas but also destroys immature stages of fleas over a month.
How Broadline Spot-On Works?
Broadline for Cats is a topical solution that contains Fipronil, S-Methoprene, Eprinomectin, and Praziquantel. Fipronil is an adulticide, it kills fleas and ticks. S-Methoprene is an insect growth regulator. It resists the growth of flea eggs and larvae. Praziquantel eliminates tapeworms and Eprinomectin prevents heartworm infection in cats. These ingredients work against fleas, ticks, immature heartworms, and intestinal worms.
Broadline Can Be Used For?
It is safe to use on cats and kittens above 8 weeks of age.
Efficacy of Broadline Spot-On solution
Broadline Spot-on remains effective for 1 full month.
What are the Key Benefits of Broadline for cats?
- Treats and controls fleas and flea infestation
- Destroys ticks and controls tick-borne diseases
- Eliminates and prevents biting lice
- Inhibits flea egg development
- Aids in control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis
- Prevents heartworm disease
- Treats tapeworm infection
- Remains effective for 1 month
- Easy to apply the topical treatment
Preventive Measures To Take Care of
- Strictly for animal use only
- Keep out of reach of children and other pets
- Do not inject or administer orally
- Do not use on sick or convalescent animals
- Avoid contact with cat’s eyes
- Do not drink or smoke during application
- Wash hands after using
Side Effects of Broadline Spot-on
- A temporary clumping or spiking of hair may be seen at the application site after treatment. Mild and transient skin reactions at the application site may occur.
- If the cat licks the application site after treatment, temporary excessive salvation can be observed. Oral ingestion of this product may also result in vomiting.
But the positive thing is that all these adverse reactions may rarely appear in the cat and the signs resolve spontaneously within 24 hours. The correct application of this product will minimize the occurrence of any such events.
Overall, Broadline Spot On Solution is simple to use and provides stress-free treatment to cats as well as pet parents.