Summer is currently in full flow but autumn is just around the corner and every pet owner must make adjustments and take precautions for the upcoming season. Autumn brings loads of changes like changes in the climatic conditions, shorter days, and household routines and also carries a host of seasonal risks and dangers to your pet. It is imperative to take some safety measures to ensure that your furry friend can enjoy the autumn season to its fullest with no or minimal difficulties.
We know safety towards your pet is your primary goal and hence we bring you some health tips which can assist you in keeping your pal safe during the autumn season.
Health Pet Tips To Implement This Autumn
The following points will aid you in keeping your pet protected during autumn
• Time to Adjust Your Pet Walk Timings – Generally most people take their pet for walks during the evening. In autumn though, one must try and do the same a much earlier because days are shorter. Walking in the dark can be risky because you never know what might happen. Snakes, dangerous potholes, etc, can be hard to detect during the night.
• Take Out The Warm Blankies – Temperatures in autumn can fall drastically and despite a thick layer of fur covering on your Fido or feline’s skin, they tend to feel the chills. In such situations, get the warm blankets and fleeces out and wrap your furry friend in it.
• Watch Out For Ticks and Fleas – Autumn is the most likely season for fleas and ticks. Stacks of leaves and tall grasses are the favorite hangout spots for these crawly creatures and during autumn they are found in abundance. Thus, take your fluffy friend to the vet for regular check-ups.
• Feed Your Pet More – Autumns are generally chilly. The cooler the climate the more energy is required to keep your pet warm. Thus, you will need more nutritious food for your pal to keep him warm. Food generates body heat and helps to keep body temperatures under check. Consult a vet to know what type of foods you can feed your pet during the cold autumn season.
• Halloween Is Not a Good Time – Halloween is a great time for you but not for your fuzzy pal. Candies, Chocolates, Halloween costumes can be very dangerous if not managed with utter care. Avoid these things for your pet’s benefit.
• Mind Heating Devices – Autumns tend to get chillier as the night approaches. In such a scenario, pet owners switch on their heaters to keep themselves and their pets warm. If you’re using an electric heater, make sure to turn it off while you leave your room or keep it at a place far from your pet’s reach. They can get a bit adventurous and involve themselves in accidents.
It is never too early to note down and get things ready for your pet ahead of a particular season. Planning from before makes things simpler and helps you to breathe easy when the time comes to implement your plans.
Hence, don’t forget to take note of the above-mentioned points because autumn is coming and your beloved pal needs you to protect him.